Alpha Phi Omega Cavite City Alumni Association, Inc. or simply APO CACI is a professional organization that strongly adheres to the 3 cardinal principles of Alpha Phi Omega to develop Leadership, to promote Friendship and to render Services to humanity. Our advocacy includes sustainable projects for environment, education, medical and dental missions and livelihood projects within Cavite City and nearby towns and municipalities. APO CACI was established on March 13, 2015 at Brother Judge Agapito Lu’s residence in Cavite City. It was on that fateful day of March 9, 2015 that Brother Judge Agapito S. Lu, Brother Rodolfo C. Dizon, Brother Joel A. Baldecañas and Sister Nilva C. Baldecañas were toying and candidly discussing the possibility of having an APO AA in Cavite City. The discussion grew more serious and ended up with Sister Nilva C. Baldecañas calling up other APOs to get their perception of creating a new alumni association, and all responded positively to the idea.
A meeting was then held on March 13, 2015 which was attended by some APOs. Interim officers were selected from the pool of APOs who were called and responded positively. Afterwards, the election of officers happened on April 16, 2015 and Brother Rodolfo C. Dizon was elected as President for Development Year 2015-2017. To guide the newly-formed alumni association, a Constitution and By-Laws was formed consisting of Brother Judge Agapito S. Lu (as the Chairman), Brother Richard O. Regalado and Sister Nilva C. Baldecañas (Member). The CBL of APO CACI AA was eventually ratified on October 9, 2015. The joint induction was held at New Cheffo Restaurant, Cavite City together with APO IMBAC AA.
To date, APO Cavite City Alumni Association has 30 members and performed significant projects related to environment such as Coastal Clean-Up, Mangrove Tree Planting, Urban Gardening, Medical and Dental Missions, Scholarship Program, Adopt a School Project (Brigada Eskwela), Operation Sweet Smile (Cleft Lip/Pallete Operation), Operation Liwanag (Cataract Operation) and livelihood projects such as Poultry Raising and Urban Gardening.
MISSION and VISION
We envision to be the leading Alpha Phi Omega Alumni Association committed in developing leadership, promoting friendship and render services to the community that cares for the quality of life with complete complement guided by the three cardinal principles of Leadership, Friendship and Service.
a. To develop leadership, promote friendship and render service to the community and the nation as fully participating citizens, guided by the principles of the Scouting movement.
b. To locate, assemble, maintain contact and maintain registry of APO CACI AA.
c. To maintain among the members a continued interest in the ideals and program of our fraternity- Alpha Phi Omega.
d. To foster participation of the alumni members in the affairs of APO CACI.
e. To provide members with opportunities for professional contact and social exchange.
APO CACI believes that through collaboration, cooperation and concerted efforts of the people, different alumni associations of Alpha Phi Omega, Government Agencies and other multi – sectoral agencies we can help a community (4P’s members) elevate their economic status thru different livelihood projects that are suited to them.
Moreover, with different sustainable projects and services of APO CACI AA we intend to bring these programs and services to the adopted Barangay for the benefit of its indigent residents particularly those members of 4P’s (Pantawid Pamilya Pilipino Program).
In addition, APO CACI AA conducted different environmental projects, medical and dental missions, sustainable Coastal Clean-Up, Mangrove Tree Planting and Urban Gardening thereby helping and protecting their community as well as the residents.
With its 5 years of existence APO CACI AA, Inc received 6 major awards from our respectful partners and stakeholders as follows:
- 2016 Katangi-Tanging Stakeholder ng Dibisyon ng Cavite City
- 2017 Gawad Magiting sa Disaster Risk Reduction Management Ugnayan from Department of Education Division of Cavite City
- 2018 Stakeholder Awardee of 15th Strike Wing Philippine Air Force, Sangley Point, Cavite City
- 2018 Gawad Magiting sa Pakikipag-ugnayan (Hall of Fame) DepEd Division of Cavite City
- 2019 Gawad Magiting sa Pakikipag-tulungan DepEd Cavite City
- 2019 Stakeholder Awardee of Philippine Air Force held at Philippine Air Force Gymnasium, Colonel Villamor Air Basae, Pasay City with Commanding General of Philippine air Force LTGEN Rozzano D Briguez PAF together with Brigadier General Araus F Musico PAF (GSC), Wing Commander of 15th Strike Wing, Philippine Air Force and Major Mark Anthony N Salvador PAF, Director for Civil Military Operations.
- 2020 Gawad Magiting sa Pakikipag-ugnayan, DepEd Cavite City
Moreover, APO CACI AA, Inc. was able to render 100 Projects and Services from 2015 to March 2020. These are:
- Twenty-five (25) Coastal Clean-Ups and International Coastal Clean-ups
- Nineteen (19) Medical & Dental Missions
- Ten (10) Mangrove Tree Planting Projects
- Eight (8) Operation Liwanag Projects
- Eight (8) Brigada Eskwela Projects
- Five (5) Bloodletting Activities
- Five (5) Operation Tuli
- Four (4) Urban Gardening Orientation and implementation
- Three (3) Operation Sweet Smile (Cleft lip palette Operation) 29 patients
- Two (2) Seminar Workshops
- Two (2) Anti Rabies Vaccination and Orientation
- One (1) Book Donation
- One (1) Waiting Shed Restoration
- One (1) Donation of 3 Desktop Computer
- One (1) Donation of Sports Materials
- One (1) Earth Hour Activity
- One (1) Multivitamins Aid to 300 DepEd Employee
- 3-Year Scholarship Program
Also, financial assistance to APO Tagaytay and APO Silang Alumni Association for their projects and services, and to some members of Alpha Phi Omega within Cavite Area.
What more can you say? This is absolutely a model alumni association.